Hello world! Here I am, finally starting my own sewing blog after thinking about it for months! Why was I dragging my feet about creating a blog? Well, there were a few reasons I did not want to start my sewing blog:
1. I am a pretty lousy writer. Look at this short conversation between me and my less-evil-twin-sister:
2. I am too lazy to double check my bad spelling and grammar, thus subjecting my poor readers to a great variants of juebberish. (But don’t worry, I have my fiance double checking my grammar here to keep my inner juebberish under control).
3. I have a pretty good record of starting a blog and never updating after 3 posts.
However, I did finally start this! There are of course, quite a few reasons I finally decided to get on the blogging wagon:
1. I love attention! My burdastyle account helps me getting the daily/weekly attention I need, but the more, the merrier, right?
2. My previous crafty hobbies such as jewelry making, knitting, soft toy making, all took a dive for the darkest corner in my closet after a few month, just like my other blogs. However, sewing clothing for myself has stuck around for 2.5 years now and I do not see it going in my closet for a while. In fact, I would have a hard time stuffing my whole sewing room into my closet! So maybe this blog would survive!
3. Having a blog would encourage me to document my sewing process, which is important for me when I need to re-use a pattern, and would also help answer questions from my fellow burdastylers!
4. Lastly and most importantly, the Selfish Seamstress has raged war on me. I have always envied her blog, in fact, there are many many blogs I envy. However, her provocative words were the last straw! As a nemesis, I must have a blog to be able to get back at her!
So hello, world!