Remember a few post ago, I had mentioned a failed skirt project due to improperly thick coating material I picked? After moping about it a few days, I decided to finish it up and just see how it goes. Surprisingly, it is pretty cute on me and goes well with a few grey sweaters I got.
It is made with Burda magazine 2009/08 skirt 107, which was very easy. I think it might be a little larger than it should be around the hip area, but my material is so thick, I dont know if that might have caused any skewing.
I am starting to get a good hang of the check matching business — even the pocket is matched!
Back of the skirt:
I also lined it with a happy yellow satin. It shows a little on the top — but I dont mind. I couldnt bring myself to use another strip of thick material to line the waist band.
The material was bought from fabric.com a year or two ago. I thought I wanted it for a coat, but I am always afraid that it might look too busy. I think it works great as a skirt material — maybe one with less seams would be better, like a mini skirt! I got those cute dome buttons from ebay, love them!
I think I am done with winter skirt for a while — my work outfits now have enough skirt to get me through a week without getting bored 🙂 Lastly, my project attempted : completed : worn ratio for this year is now: