My husband got a new camera recently, since he doesnt carry the pro one around due to the impressive size. He wanted a camera case to protect this one from scratches. I had some scrape leather from fabmo and thrifted leather skirts. So I made him this case. It was actually very easy with only 4 pieces of pattern that I drafted myself.
Because some of the leather was sample leather, it had gold imprints of what company it is from. I couldnt cut around it due to the small sample piece but I actually kind of like how it looks. Makes the bag more vintage-y. I used a regular sewing machine setup with thick thread and sewed it with no problem. Only thing was -my machine/feet did not reverse easily on leather, so to reverse, I had to turn the leather around.
When this one breaks, I think I will make him another one with the seams facing outside – it feels more durable that way!