After the baby quilt for my friend, I had to make something similar for the girls. I originally wanted to make something big, full sized, with a heart on the lower left corner and pieces falling out. But I didn’t do any math and just assumed things looked about right. Turned out the heart was too big and things just didn’t look right. After it sitting in my room for a while I decided to hack the white space off and make it heart shaped. I like it!
The back of the quilt is actually one of those flat bedsheets that comes in a set (and you really only want the fitted part). Its really comfortable! It doesn’t seem to be a huge hit with the girls though… but I am sure they would love it with time 🙂