There are scarves, shawls, cowls, boot toppers, baby clothes and more, all of which you can make with just a bit of yarn.
What can I make with a single skein of sock yarn?
- Strangling Vine Lace Scarf by Nicole Hindes.
- The Killington Scarf by Jennifer Kelley.
- Milky Way Scarf by Lynn Bethke.
- Commelina by Kelly Craw.
- Favorite Scarf Ever by Lise Bruce.
- Noro Bias Lace Scarf by Susan Ashcroft.
- A Simple Little Something by Amanda Jarvis.
- Kary’s Chevron Scarf by Kary Jarred.
What else can sock yarn be used for?
It is perfectly usable to make nice hats, mitts, shawls, lightweight garments, baby blankets, blankets (see all the sock yarn blankets being made!) and whatever else you care to work it into.
Can you knit other things with sock yarn?
You can make socks with leftover sock yarn, but you can also make much more than that… Introducing a collection of knitting patterns you can make from sock yarn! Some of them are socks, but most of them are not. Here you’ll find fingerless mitts, squares, a hat, a cowl, and even scarves.
What can I make with one spool of yarn?
15 Easy Knitting Projects Made With One Ball of Yarn
- Cabled Wristers by Redheart. …
- Fantastic welted cowl by Balls to The Walls Knits. …
- Easy ribbed woodland scarf by Redheart. …
- Starburst mitts by Knitting and So On. …
- Heather’s Hat by Balls to The Walls Knits. …
- Rib & Cable cowl by Balls to The Walls Knits. …
- Keyhole scarf by Patons.
Can sock yarn be used for scarves?
Sock yarn isn’t just for socks anymore! Veteran knitter Judith Durant presents 101 original projects that can be created from just a single skein of sock yarn, including adorable baby clothes, warm hats, beautiful scarves, and even a dog sweater.
What can I knit with 2 skeins of yarn?
Make These with 2 Skeins or Less!
- Crochet One Skein Throw.
- Mini Crochet Gift Bag.
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern.
- Beginner’s One Hour Cowl.
- Single Skein Market Bag.
- Arcade Stitch Baby Blanket.
- Crocheted Produce Bag.
- Scalloped Crochet Doilies.
Can you crochet a scarf with one skein of yarn?
This easy one-skein crochet scarf can be made with only 300 yards of yarn, and the design produces a rich texture that will keep you warm and snug on even the coldest days. Gauge is not important — in fact, you can make this scarf with any weight yarn by adapting your hooks size and stitch count.
What can I do with yarn I don’t want?
Donating. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of selling your yarn, you should seriously consider donating your yarn to a worthy cause or charity. Donating your yarn stash will get it out of your house quickly, that’s for sure.