How many stitches do I need to knit a tea COSY?
Once you have decided on your two colours, take a pair of knitting needles – size 5mm. Cast on 72 stitches (multiple of 6). For a medium cosy cast on 60 stitches (multiple of 5).
Is it difficult to knit a tea COSY?
Are they difficult to knit? Absolutely not! You can knit a teapot cosy easily (although you can knit some complicated patterns or embroider them if you like), quickly (great last minute gift!) and even use leftover yarn.
How do you make a tea COSY step by step?
What to do
- Step one: Cut out the pieces. To make sure the cosy fits, lay your teapot on its side on to a large piece of paper. …
- Step two: Make the loop. Fold a 1cm hem on each long side of the fabric piece and press. …
- Step three: Make the main body. …
- Step four: Make the lining. …
- Step five: Finish the tea cosy.
What size is a tea COSY?
STANDARD SIZE “Classic” or “Tassel” or “Baseball” design
About 10″ (25cm) across from tip of spout to edge of handle; 2.
How many balls of wool do I need for a tea COSY?
(This pattern is usually knitted with two different coloured yarns, however if you wish to make it in one colour you will still require two balls of yarn to make the pattern (or you would need to knitted from both ends of the ball simultaneously). Instructions: Abbreviations.
How do you measure a teapot for a tea cozy?
Measure Your Teapot
- Measure the width of your teapot around the widest point and jot down the measurement. Mine is 18.5″.
- Measure the height of your teapot all the way around, top to bottom. Mine is 15.5″.
- Take the width measurement, divide by 2 and add 1.5″. …
- Take the height measurement and divide by 2 and add 1.25″.
How do you make a tea COSY sweater?
Make a tea cozy by using the neck opening of an old sweater. I simply eye-balled the amount of sweater I needed by laying the tea pot on the inside-out sweater and drawing a sewing line around it. Stitched on the line, then cut it out leaving about 5/8 seam allowance beyond the stitching. Turn right-side-out.
What is a tea cozy made of?
A tea cosy or tea warmer is a cover for a teapot, traditionally made of cloth. It insulates a teapot, keeping the contents warm.
How do you make a drawstring tea cozy?
To add the cozy to the teapot, lay the cozy flat with the cotton lining side facing up. Then, set the teapot on the cozy with the handle at the open end (the end with the ribbon tails). Wrap the cozy around the teapot, cinch the ribbon around the top, and tie the ribbon into a bow. Your project is now complete!